ChemCore is a shared resource facility under the umbrella of CMIDD that provides medicinal and synthetic chemistry, molecular modeling and compound purification services to research investigators at Northwestern University and externally.
• Hit-to-lead chemistry
• Design and synthesis of novel analogs with improved potency, ADME and IP properties
• Synthesis of small numbers of hypothesis-driven compounds
• Synthesis of reference compounds
• Preparation of fluorescently-tagged molecules
• High Throughput Virtual Screening (HTVS) of diverse libraries for different therapeutic targets
• Structure Focus Pharmacophore Design, 3D-4D and higher order QSAR Model Building
• Scaffold Hopping and de novo design
• Construction of protein homology models and 3-D analysis
• High level Quantum Mechanical Computations of Small/Drug Molecules
• Method development
• Mass-directed analytical-to-preparative (A2Prep) HPLC purification system
• Reverse phase analytical and preparative HPLC systems with absorbance detection and evaporative light scattering detection for non-chromophore containing compounds
• Advanced parallel compound drying systems including a GeneVac HT-4X Plus centrifugal evaporator and a VirTis shelf lyophilizer.
The Compound Purification Lab currently has a job opening. Please visit www.cmidd.northwestern.edu/labmanager for additional information.